Re: WOOD - Engineered Lumber vs. Sawn Lumber

I realize there are a lot of engineers out there who don't know or don't
care what the contractor has to do to build from a set of plans or what the
financial impact might be. I'm not going to debate the pros and cons of
that issue here. My only question is why is the deflection/stiffness
criteria more stringent for a GLB than for a sawn beam? Isn't a sawn beam
subject to creep as it drys out?

Regards,
Bill Allen