Re: BORPELS and residential room additions

Randy Vogelgesang, SE wrote,

<It is an expert witnesses job to sharpen their pencil and find the
maximum fault, to make the situtation looks worse than it is. >

I would take exception to that statement.

It is a professional engineer's responsibility to provide unbiased,
impartial testimony in technical matters and to advise his/her client's
attorney in those matters.

A professional structural engineer's responsibility to his/her client is to
provide the client with a structural design such that the health, safety
and welfare *of the public* is not jeopardized.  It is not a professional
engineer's responsibility to act as an advocate for the client in any way!

I will admit that there are some that meet the definition that Randy
provides, but then there are whores in every business.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona