Re: Wood Decay

From: Robert Kazanjy <rpkazanj(--nospam--at)uci.edu>
To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org <seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org>
Date: Friday, September 12, 1997 11:44 AM
Subject: Wood Decay

>Sorry for the extra post
>
> Abatron has a web site(no I don't work for them)
>
>  http://www.abatron.com/
>
> Robert Kazanjy, PE  **Disclaimer: I speak for myself not UC-Irvine**
> Senior Development Engineer
> Civil & Environmental Engineering
> UC Irvine
> E4130 EG,  Zot: 2175
> rpkazanj(--nospam--at)uci.edu

Robert,
This was the product that I first recommended and could not remember the
name of. The epoxy based product is truly amazing. It is as light as pumice
stone and appears to be as strong as concrete. My client was very happy with
the results. It saved us from cutting out almost two feet off the bottom of
an 8x8 timber column in a post and beam country club here in La Quinta. When
finished, you could not tell the difference from the original painted
column.
The product is also impervious to moisture so if you have a reoccuring
moisture problem, the product will protect the structural columns.

Dennis Wish