Re: Wind speeds in Mexico

Neil,

As Thomas Hunt points out there are two different regulations in Mexico
one is only for Mexico City and the other one is an Industrial
Regulation made
by the IIE (Instituto de Investigaciones Electricas) for the CFE. And it
is
intented to apply for the whole country.

>      They have a Federal code (Reglamento de Construcciones para el
>      Distrito Federal, RCDF) but it technically only applies to the
>      government area in and around Mexico City (similar to Washington,
>      District of Columbia).

I work for the Civil Engineering Department of the IIE, But I don´t know
Which are the differencies with respect to UBC or ASCE. However,
my boss was in charge of the Wind Design Section of the CFE,
and I am sure he can give you the Answers you are looking for as well as
pointing out any difference between the CFE-Manual Design Methodology
and
American Regulations.

Here are some ways to contact him:

Dr. Alberto Lopez Lopez
Coordinador de Comportamiento de Estructuras
Unidad de Resultados de Ingeniería Civil
Instituto de Investigaciones ElEctricas
Av. Reforma 113
CP. 62001
Ap.Post. 1-475
Cuernavaca, Morelos
Tel (73) 18 38 11 ext. 7579

E-mail: alopezl(--nospam--at)axp4.iie.org.mx

--
Emmancipate yourself from mental slavery
no one but ourselves can free our minds