Re: BORPELS and residential room additions

Lynn Howard wrote:

> Lew:
> Well that is not what would happen.  In reality, there would simply be far fewer
> residential additions built (because people could not afford our fees), thus
> fostering a depression in construction, resulting in a decrease in our work.  One
> other possibility would be that these additions would simply be built without any
> engineering.

I do not agree.  If the rates for engineering increased uniformly, the
customer would not have any choice.  After all the customer needs the
building.  His decision to construct is not based on the cost of
engineering.  However, he will try to minimize his cost by looking for
the "cheapest" designer.

Second, if the city or county or state mandate engineering, the customer
has no choice.

Rajendran