Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Wood Decay[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Wood Decay
- From: rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org (Richard Lewis)
- Date: 13 Sep 1997 18:43:30 GMT
- Cc: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org,Internet writes: Is there any way to stop the progress of wood decay? Fungi requires air water and food to grow. Would removing the water supply stop the spread of decay or would it just inhibit the spread of decay. Philip Boultinghouse Fungus needs 3 things to grow;food, air and water. Eliminating any one of the 3 will stop its growth, but not make it go away. Food is the wood itself. Water is usually a moisture content above 20% and air is everywhere. If all 3 return it will start growing again. __________________________________________________ Richard Lewis, P.E. Missionary TECH Team rlewis(--nospam--at)techteam.org The service mission like-minded Christian organizations may turn to for technical assistance and know-how.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Wood Decay
- Next by Subject: Wood Detailer
- Previous by thread: Re: Wood Decay
- Next by thread: Wind speeds in Mexico