Re: OWNR - Contract, Liability, Ownership of Documents for Mass P

I probably should have said that the copy of the drawing given to your
client *and* the copy that you register with the copyright office
should be made in the method described.  This way, copyright
infringement is "self-proving" if the drawing is used for other work
without authorization and can be shown to be an *exact duplicate* of
the copyright drawing complete with being slightly out-of-scale.
Another way for copyright infringement to be "self-proving" is to
incorporate unique, inconsequential errors in the copyright material,
something that I have been told is done in the AISC Manual.

A. Roger Turk, P.E.(Structural)
Tucson, Arizona