Re: Registration --> Licensure in TX

I agree fully with the opinion of the NSPE on this issue.  As a young
engineer, I've often found when I tell someone that I'm a registered
civil engineer, they just figure that means I called the local
governement and asked for some forms to fill out, so I could "register".
The word licensed definately impies some sort of a test (driver's
license, license to practice medicine, etc.)

I hope that the change in terminology is adopted by all states as soon as
possible.  Perhaps our stamps should also read "Licensed" as opposed to
"Registered".

Sharad T. Patel, P.E.
Licensed Civil Engineer