Re: Registration --> Licensure in TX

At 17:54 9/13/97 -0500,   Bill Polhemus wrote:
>By act of the legislature in the biennial session just passed, here in
>Texas we are no longer "Registered" as professional engineers, but
>"Licensed."
>
>Comments?

  As my Dad used to say:  "It doesn't matter what they call me as long as
they call me for dinner."

Seriously, registered or licensed simply means the State of Texas still
allows you to practice but has renamed the large target they placed on your
back for any two bit attorney to shoot at when you became "Registered".

BILL CAIN, SE
OAKLAND, CA