RE: Non-Destructive Subsurface Inspection

We have encountered this in Florida and worked with our soils consultant
to detect sinkholes.  We have used ground penetrating radar to perform
this task.  I'm not sure this is "inexpensive," but it is certainly less
costly than digging holes or borings everywhere.  As I recall, they were
able to generate contour maps of the subsurface soils.

Kent Estes