RE: Registration --> Licensure in TX

Bill:

As you know, Texas is a progressive state where the legislature meets
for only four months, every other year.  As we continue to replace
Southern Democrats with Republicans, Texas might eventually become a
state where the legislature meets for only two months, every four years.
 This is called "cost containment", or the "right-sizing" of our
government.  Since everything is so big in Texas, we naturally believe
that smaller is better, at least when it comes to money.

It is my understanding that Senate Bill 623 was enacted at the request
of the Texas PE Board, who undoubtedly acted on the advice of NSPE and
NCEES.  We also expect to have mandatory CPC (Continuing Professional
Competency) by 2002.  The PE Board needs this in place before it's
Sunset Review in 2003.  Currently, CPC is voluntary (but encouraged) in
Texas.

Perhaps California will be next in line for these changes.  Gotta go
now, Texas still has a pro football team and they play in a couple of
hours!

Regards,

Stan R. Caldwell, Licensed P.E.