Re: Pay when Paid

Bill-
I do not know if it is legal, but we are subjected to this clause all the
time.  And I might add that it is rare that we are not paid for our work.  We
sometimes have to wait a long time to get paid, but our invoices that have to
be written off for non-payment are less than 1% of our total billings.
Also, when we are the prime on a project (such as for a seismic retrofit), we
use the same clause when we hire the Architect and other consultants to work
for us.