Re: Re: Re: Registration --> Licensure in TX

On 17 Sep 1997 13:53:08 GMT  Richard Lewis wrote:
>seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org,Internet writes:
>
>On 16 Sep 1997 02:25:44 GMT  Richard Lewis wrote:
>>seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org,Internet writes:
>>Just out of curiosity, why don't you want those of us who work in gummint to
>>be able to "moonlight?"
[...]
>>Because the rest of us have to pay the full $250 per year to be able to do
>>it!!!
>
>What does that mean?
[...]
>The typical professional registration for Texas engineers is $250 per year.
>Government and industrial people only pay $50 per year if they do not work
>outside of the government/industrial company.  If you moonlight then you
>should be paying the full $250 per year for your registration, just like the
>rest of us have to.  Unfortunately there is no way to check on these lower
>paying licenses to see if they are moonlighting.

Ah.  Well, that's not the same everywhere.  Here in Montana I pay the same licensing fee as any other PE.
I agree with your opinion on the subject, though, for places where they have such a fee structure.  One
would *like* to think that folks would be ethical enough that this wouldn't be a problem.;-)

Nigel