Re: Re: pecg

Professional Engineers in California Government. pronounced "peg".  They have
a successful initiative out to be voted on at the next State Election
awarding them the design of virtually all significant DESIGN contracts in the
State on the basis of "competitive" bids by design firms in which the private
firms have to include overhead but the State doesn't.  There's also a matter
in the
State Supreme Court which will have much the same result with respect to
CalTrans.  There are probably others.  There are other zany provisions.  You
don't have to worry about moving to Nevada or Arizona to escape it, the other
state employee groups are watching with interest and SENDING MONEY to PECG,
I've got to earn a living if I can as long as they let me, so I can't give
you the whole story right now, but SEAONC, AIA, ASCE, AGC end everybody else
(except PECG) have come out against it, much good it will do.  They spent
over a million to buy the initiative signatures.  While we argue on the net
about turf between archs & SEs.  It won't matter pretty soon.  It's scary.
 I'M NOT MAKING THIS UP.  Check in w/ FEDUP or CCAIA etc.

Gotta go.  Thanks for responding.  You're the only one.

Gary