Re: Re: pecg

Yeah, the SEAOC newsletter had an article on this initiative and they
(SEAOC) stated that they were against it. Big deal. The state can promote
an initiative and "sell" it by misleading the public that it will save them
money. We all know that's B.S. We also know how well our respective
professional organizations are about protecting our interests. IMHO, this
is a done deal based on historical precedence. We'll get stung two ways: by
losing work and by paying higher taxes to cover the "overhead". But, let's
see what the State Atty Gen'ls office would think about us collaborating to
set fees or rates for our service. That's a different story. My advice is
to worry about things you can do something about.

Regards,
Bill Allen

----------
> From: RGRAYAIA(--nospam--at)aol.com
> To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
> Subject: Re:  Re: pecg
> Date: Wednesday, September 17, 1997 4:25 PM
>
> Professional Engineers in California Government. pronounced "peg".  They
have
> a successful initiative out to be voted on at the next State Election
> awarding them the design of virtually all significant DESIGN contracts in
the
> State on the basis of "competitive" bids by design firms in which the
private
> firms have to include overhead but the State doesn't.  There's also a
matter
> in the
> State Supreme Court which will have much the same result with respect to
> CalTrans.  There are probably others.  There are other zany provisions.
You
> don't have to worry about moving to Nevada or Arizona to escape it, the
other
> state employee groups are watching with interest and SENDING MONEY to
PECG,