Re: pecg

Gary -

  I obviously can't speak for state SE groups throughout the nation.  As a
project manager/structural engineer employed by the Army Corps Of Engineers
-Baltimore District, however, I can say that we are in the process of
downsizing(to an extent). If anything, the result could be more design
contracts awarded to the private sector. With the era of military base
closures and an almost non-existent Civil Works
program(at least here in the mid-Atlantic states), there is even less work
for the Federal engineers to perform in-house. Seems weird to me.

Charlie Canitz, PE
Bel Air, MD