Re: pecg

RGRAYAIA(--nospam--at)aol.com wrote:

> Professional Engineers in California Government. pronounced "peg".  They have
> a successful initiative out to be voted on at the next State Election
> awarding them the design of virtually all significant DESIGN contracts in the
> State on the basis of "competitive" bids by design firms in which the private
> firms have to include overhead but the State doesn't.  There's also a matter
> in the
> State Supreme Court which will have much the same result with respect to
> CalTrans.  There are probably others.  There are other zany provisions.  You
> don't have to worry about moving to Nevada or Arizona to escape it, the other
> state employee groups are watching with interest and SENDING MONEY to PECG,
> I've got to earn a living if I can as long as they let me, so I can't give
> you the whole story right now, but SEAONC, AIA, ASCE, AGC end everybody else
> (except PECG) have come out against it, much good it will do.  They spent
> over a million to buy the initiative signatures.  While we argue on the net
> about turf between archs & SEs.  It won't matter pretty soon.  It's scary.
>  I'M NOT MAKING THIS UP.  Check in w/ FEDUP or CCAIA etc.
>
> Gotta go.  Thanks for responding.  You're the only one.
>
> Gary
Thanks for bringing this to light, this will change our industry as we
know it and all CEs and SEs should be very worried.
norm
--
Norman Brudigam C.E.

Bay Engineers Inc.	Specializing in the Evaluation
(510) 284-3300x20	and Repair of Existing Structures
FAX   284-3365
Primary Email: norm(--nospam--at)bayengineers.com
Secondary Email:  nbrudigam(--nospam--at)aol.com