Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: CSW - Concrete Shear Wall w/ Openings[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: CSW - Concrete Shear Wall w/ Openings
- From: "Julio Guerra - Chief Struct. Eng." <Julio.Guerra(--nospam--at)theaustin.com>
- Date: Fri, 19 Sep 1997 10:31:19 -0700
This is what I do: Draw a horizontal line at the top oh the window and another one at the bottom, you have three bands. Top and bottom bands are conventional design. Next, combine the right two piers and lintel in one equivalent pier that then you combine with the left pier and so on. This is an approximate method, use FEM if more accurate results are needed. Good luck. Julio Guerra S.E.
- Prev by Subject: Re: CSW - Concrete Shear Wall w/ Openings
- Next by Subject: Design of Irregular RCC Sections by ACI 318-95
- Previous by thread: Re: CSW - Concrete Shear Wall w/ Openings
- Next by thread: Error in Phone Book - Structural Engineers