Re: Effective Peak Acceleration to Velocity Related Acceleration

Egbal,
With a return period criteria of 1000 years I presume this is a large
government project (a dam, a desalination project, a military project,
etc), and it's clear that the UBC is not your governing criteria for
this project.  I would be very hesitent, if I were you, to try to apply
the UBC to your projsct.

I would review the criteria for the project and 'insist' that a new
consultant be brought on board to provide you with the data you need.

Lew Midlam, PE
http://www.lcm.com