RE: A36 Bolts

We utilize A36 threaded rods (all-thread) quite often in our connection designs [for precast concrete and GFRC cladding panels]. These connections can be subject to significant forces induced under seismic response. Service and ultimate strength tests we have performed corroborate the ductility of the material as expected.

You will also notice A36 material listed in AISC (ASD) Part 4 , Table I-C as a material for anchor bolts and tie rods.

Hope this helps.

Brent Koch
Willis Construction Company
San Juan Bautista, CA