"Nester, Melvin R." <mrnester(--nospam--at)rdyne.bna.boeing.com>: FW: masonry anchors

Try Maxi-Bolt by DrillCo Devices, Ltd.  CA phone no. is 714-549-7725.
Their product is an undercut anchor, which uses neither friction nor
grout, and has high load capacities.

Russ Nester
rnester(--nospam--at)juno.com
___________________________________________-
Apparently, not just the ITW Ramset/Red Head, but also all expansion
anchors ,including Hilti, for installation in concrete and masonry no
longer have ICBO approval for seismic /wind application.  I heard (from
the bolt mfg) that ICBO is in the process of changing the method of
testing of expansion anchors for use in seismic/wind loading.

There other masonry anchor available, but they are all epoxy anchors
which are temperature sensitive.  I'm also interested in knowing other
alternative to epoxy anchor which has ICBO approval, but have fire
resistance. Please let us know.

Regard
Rudy Mulia, S.E.