RE: masonry anchors

I do not know of any friction type mechanical anchors that are ICBO ES listed
for masonry.  Only a few adhesive anchors have this type of approval.
 Additionally, ICBO ES Acceptance Criteria AC 01 does not address seismic
that they are not recognized for this type of loading.  ICBO ES AC 58 for
adhesive anchors does have seismic loading criteria which enables
manufacturers, Covert Operations being one of them, to have their products
recognized for seismic loading if they pass the test requirements.  Undercut
anchors, including the Covert DUC anchors, are not coverd by AC 01 or AC 58.
 ICBO ES has not made statements saying that they do or do not recognize
undercut anchors for seismic loading.  In any case, I do not think that any
undercut anchor is ICBO ES listed for masonry.
Hope that helps.

Howard Silverman, P.E.
Covert Operations, Inc.
www.covertoperations.com