Re: One way slab design with point load.

The CalTrans Bridge Design Manual (same as AASHTO) recommends effective
width of wheel load distribution for on-way slabs as:
			E = 4 + 0.06S (maximum 7.0 feet)

where s is span in feet.  The load is asssumed to be evenly distrubed
over this width.  For your situation, the width would be 5.32 feet.
Adequate lateral reinforcing is required.

Russ Nester
rnester(--nospam--at)juno.com