RE: One way slab design with point load.

A.A.S.H.T.O. Standard Specifications for Highway Bridges is a great
reference related to distribution widths for loads to slabs.  I have the
14th edition (1989) which is not the latest edition (I do very little
bridge work).  Section 3.24 deals with distribution of loads and design
of concrete slabs.  It gives a distribution width for wheel loads, E, of
(4 + 0.06S) where S is the span length of the slab in feet.  It also
limits the distribution width to a maximum of 7.0 feet.  This is under
the heading of Main Reinforcement Parallel to Traffic.  I have found in
running the numbers that the condition for Main Reinforcement
Perpendicular to traffic (I don't have the time to explain the details
on how this width is calculated now) is less conservative and will give
you a wider distribution width.  The A.A.S.H.T.O code also addresses
requirements for distribution reinforcement (perpendicular to main
reinforcement) which also has to be met.

Hope this helps.