Re: Error in Phone Book - Structural Engineers

Here is my 2 cents worth.

SE, PE, EIT etc is nothing but BS.

What matters to me is how much education the person has in the field and
how good he or she is.

Did you know that in most of the foreign countries there is no exam
requirement to practice as an SE. All you need is a degree in civil
engineering. Now think of all the buildings in the world designed by
Structural Engineers who never appeared in SE exam.

IMHO, they should stop issuing licenses. The requirement for practicing
Structural Engineering should be a Degree from accredited university and
three years experience. (Just like doctors). BORPELS should stop wasting
time in preparing exams and rather focus on universities to ensure the
highest level of education is being provided.

How many of you remember how to calculate forces in a moment frame. Not
Many I bet. Yet, most of us remember the UBC equation to calculate base
shear. Which one is real engineering? Now think about that!

Shafat