From: Horning, Dick/CVO
To: 'seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org'
Subject: RE: Error in Phone Book - Structural Engineers
Date: Tuesday, September 30, 1997 10:21AM

Yeah, but --

     1) Most states I've heard of still require M.D and J.D. graduates
to still pass      a series of exams before they are turned loose as
doctors and lawyers.

	2) Surely you've heard of GIGO.  Shouldn't a responsible
practicing
	engineer be able to check the results of a computerized frame
analysis
	(such as one prepared by a newly graduated subordinate)?