Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Intergrid[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Intergrid
- From: Dean Vanlanduyt <DVANLAND(--nospam--at)mailgw.dot.state.tx.us>
- Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 18:46:16 -0500
Is anyone familiar with the performance of a CMU-like building material called Intergrid? I've got an architect who wants to use it for residential 2-story construction in a non-seismic area (Texas). From my understanding, Intergrid is made of mortar with small styrofoam spheres that reduce weight, allow for much larger block sizes and raise the R value to 38. Rebar is inserted vertically and horizontally and the voids grouted. Any information regarding durability, cost, structural capacity, detailing, ability to accomodate plumbing and electrical, manufacturer websites or general pitfalls would be appreciated. Thanks, Dean Van Landuyt, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Inspection Practice for Anchors
- Next by Subject: Job Opening
- Previous by thread: Base Isolators: Residential Construction Application