Sawn Beam Repair?

I am working on a project that is currently in construction. This is a single family residence. I have specified a 4x12 #2DF beam supporting some ceiling framing at the second floor. According to the contractor, the beam had a slight crown (upward camber) when installed. Near the midspan of the beam, there exists a knot near the bottom edge of the beam near the midspan. A crack has developed at the knot and the beam is sagging.

Short of replacing the beam, is anyone aware of a practical technique to repair this beam?

Thanks,
Bill Allen

<<application/ms-tnef>>