RE: Sawn Beam Repair?

Thanks for the reply. Attaching a steel plate to the bottom of the beam (after jacking the beam over center) is the method that first came to my mind. There is very little load on this beam and I believe, based on calculations, that a couple of nailed Simpson straps would do the trick. My concern is that, over time, the nails would rotate due to the sustained bearing pressure of the nail on the wood and the beam would sag. I guess if this were true, then face mount hangers would do the same. Am I being overly cautious?

Regards,
Bill Allen