Re: Sawn Beam Repair?

Try "external post-tensioning method" by installing a stubbie under the
mid-span of the beam with cables connected to the both upper ends of the
beam. This will stop any further sagging and increase the strength of
the beam. I have seem it being done to repair purlins, GLU-lam beams and
concrete slabs etc.

Good luck

Tom Chiu, SE