Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Sawn Beam Repair?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Sawn Beam Repair?
- From: ErnieNSE(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 14:09:44 -0400 (EDT)
Bill, How about jacking the sagging beam and bolt 2x12's each side of the beam.If it is a flush beam, cut the ceiling joists and rehung them to the side of the bolted 2x12's. If this is more expensive than replacement, then replace it. Using plates and bolts or any other connector near the crack may solve the sag and strength problem but the sag problem may come back later. Ernie Natividad
- Prev by Subject: RE: Sawn Beam Repair?
- Next by Subject: RE: Sawn Beam Repair?
- Previous by thread: RE: Sawn Beam Repair?
- Next by thread: RE: Sawn Beam Repair?