Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Sawn Beam Repair?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Re: Sawn Beam Repair?
- From: PRSE(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 18:03:30 -0400 (EDT)
Bill - I vote for Ernie's idea of sandwiching with the 2-2x's full length. I would also encourage you to glue the 2-2x's to the 4x in addition to the bolting so that the whole beam will act as one. I know we get no structural value for the glue, but I believe it is very helpful in these applications. Good luck. Bruce Resnick
- Prev by Subject: RE: Sawn Beam Repair?
- Next by Subject: School Seismic Saftey
- Previous by thread: RE: Sawn Beam Repair?
- Next by thread: Re: Intergrid