Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Thanks to Shafat & Residential Foundations with Holddowns[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: Thanks to Shafat & Residential Foundations with Holddowns
- From: BVeit(--nospam--at)aol.com
- Date: Wed, 1 Oct 1997 23:33:12 -0400 (EDT)
Many thanks to Shafat for putting this server together. Excellent work, really, Shafat. It's both a great forum and a great resource. Now a question: at what point does one generally begin to calc residential foundations for hold-down forces? I have heard different answers: 3000 lb, 6000 lb, 9000 lb, and of course, never. To do it right is a beam-on-elastic-foundation problem -- not easy by hand and still a hassle with a computer. And what about unreinforced foundations? Very curious what different offices do here, thanks, Brian Veit, P.E.
- Prev by Subject: Thank you -Reply
- Next by Subject: TILTED SHEAR WALLS
- Previous by thread: Re: Masonry Shelf Angles -Reply -Reply
- Next by thread: RCC Design Software