CE licensing a different problem

I have a question about qualifying to take the Civil P.E. exam. I have
the application and all the associated paper work for submittal. However
I don't work with enough licensed Civil Engineers to meet the
recommendation requirement ( I believe I require 4 registered Civil
Engineers to basically testify that they are aware of my abilities and
that I am qualified to take the test). It also seems they put a heavy
emphasis on getting these recommendations from your co-workers and
managers, my manager is from France and not licensed in the U.S.

I work for a company that designs large antennas. My job duties include
structural analysis, steel design, and reinforced concrete design. For
the most part our drawings do not have to be stamped by licensed
engineers, and when they do, we hire an Engineer to look over the design
and use his/her stamp. Not once have I had a registered engineer change
one of my designs. So to make a short story long, what's the best way
for me to get the required recommendations ?

I would appreciate any input you might have. Thanks in advance.

Steve Asselin