RE: SE vs CE

From:	Lynn Howard [SMTP:lhoward(--nospam--at)silcom.com]
Sent:	Friday, October 03, 1997 7:36 PM
To:	seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
Subject:	Re: SE vs CE

Dennis S. Wish PE wrote:

> I spoke with SEAOSC yesterday and the breakdown is as follows.
784 SE's and
> 514 CE's. That relates to approximately 39.99% or 40% of the
licensed
> members are CE's - not the majority, but substantial.

Dennis-
I hate to admit this, but if I remember right, I am signed up as
a CE, not an
SE, because as near as I could tell, if you registered as a CE
you got nearly
the same privileges as an SE.  The SE registration just costs
you more.  So even
though I am an SE, I think I am only on the SEAOSC list as a CE.
 That may be
the case with others, as there really is no advantage in signing
up as an SE, it
just costs you more money.

Lynn

I won't tell if you won't. You are listed as a Member, but your
SE number is listed as well. Let the office work this one out.
Lynn, there are CE's listed as Affiliates (Moh Huang for
example) who have CE license numbers listed that I did not count
because they are not listed as members. I think that you are
more the exception to the rule and that the distribution would
not change significantly to matter.

I'm not sure where Don Gilbert got the numbers, but when I
counted the first thousand Members + Member-SE in the state book
I got a little higher average - about 43% split. I think it is
fair to assume that the numbers represent a fair average that
can be representative of the entire community in and out of SEA.

Dennis