Re: CE licensing a different problem

Dennis S. Wish PE wrote:

> Regarding 'plan stamping' and experience requirements:
>

> I also believe that BORPELS has a requirement that states that
> an SE can provide a reference based upon evaluation of the
> applicants work. I believe this is intended to allow an
> applicant to take the exam who does not have the required number
> of professionals practicing in his area.
>
> Dennis Wish PE

I believe this is true also.  I have a local friend who is a mechanical
engineer.  He began working for a Civil Engineer and eventually got his
Civil Engineers license.  Sometime after that, he had recommendations
from other Structural Engineers who had reviewed his work.  Based on
their recommendations, he took the exam and passed it.  He never worked
for an SE and qualified.  He's on the list server.  Are you out there
David C.?

Dennis McCroskey