Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

Re: CE licensing a different problem

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Dennis S. Wish PE wrote:

> I don't however, feel that it is necessary for the engineer to
> be tested on specialty area's such as those specific to
> high-rise and essential facility. This is best left to the
> "expert" or specialist license title.
> Dennis Wish PE

The structural exams I have seen do not test anything on high-rise or
essential facilities.  The tests are based on UBC and cover the day to
day things that one practiicing structural engineer does, analysis,
steel design, concrete design and wood design.

How would the test be any different?

Dennis McCroskey