Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...

Return to index: [Subject] [Thread] [Date] [Author]

RE: CE licensing a different problem

[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
Based on Dennis Wish's comments, it would be a form with a check box that reads:
"If you want to call yourself a structural engineer, check here" :o)

Bill Allen

P.S., I would be curious as to what is involved for civil engineers who want to practice geotechnical engineering to get a GE license number.

-----Original Message-----
From:	dennismc [SMTP:dennismc(--nospam--at)]
Sent:	Sunday, October 05, 1997 10:03 AM
To:	seaoc(--nospam--at)
Subject:	Re: CE licensing a different problem

Dennis S. Wish PE wrote:

> I don't however, feel that it is necessary for the engineer to
> be tested on specialty area's such as those specific to
> high-rise and essential facility. This is best left to the
> "expert" or specialist license title.
> Dennis Wish PE

The structural exams I have seen do not test anything on high-rise or
essential facilities.  The tests are based on UBC and cover the day to
day things that one practiicing structural engineer does, analysis,
steel design, concrete design and wood design.

How would the test be any different?

Dennis McCroskey