RE: CA PE License!

I think you should investigate further.  I know of several immigrant
engineers with very similar backgrounds to yours, and to my knowledge,
none has had any trouble qualifying to take the CA PE.  Has BORPELS
gotten stricter?

One question for you concerning one of the previous responses to your
query:  were you required to take the GRE engineering test to get into
Rice?  If so, that answers the ABET question as the perpose of this test
is to determine if applicants from non-ABET accredited engineering
programs, or those with non-engineering undergrad degrees are qualified
for the MS program in engineering. Besides, if you can successfully
complete the MS program, that should validate the undergrad program.

Incidentally, while working on my MS at UT, I had the pleasure to work
with several grad students who had done their undergrad work at the
Indian Institute of Technology Madras, and all were top students.  It
seems the Texas schools are able to figure out which foreign schools are
up to snuff.  I don't know why it's so difficult for CA?

Finally, consider yourself lucky you're not in Missouri.  I work with a
Taiwanese immigrant who got his MS from Iowa State, has over 15 years
experience in the US, licenses from several other states, including CA,
and still can't get a Missouri PE because he didn't graduate from an
ABET undergrad school.

Finally finally, am I the only one who thinks its ridiculous that CA
makes people jump through so many hoops, but will grant a CE license to
someone with as little as one year of practicle experience?

Tony Powers