RE: Architects and Human Occupancy

> ----------

I'm not suggesting a plethora of new specialty titles.  I'm suggesting
that such a broad title as "Structural Engineer"  should not exclude a
majority of the field of structural engineering as it currently does. If
there's only going to be two limited specialty titles, then title them
appropriately.

> I do agree that one should promote themselves in their area of
> specialty and certainly structural engineering has several of them.
>
> Regards,
> Bill Allen

Exactly!  Since, as you say, structural engineering has several
specialties, then why reserve the title and the testing and experience
requirements for only a small group of them which are not necessarilly
any more technically challenging than other specialties not requiring
the title?

Tony Powers