Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
re: welding rebar[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: re: welding rebar
- From: "Scott Funderburk"<Scott_Funderburk(--nospam--at)lincolnelectric.com>
- Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 15:38:03 -0400
- Cc: Chris Palmateer <chrisp(--nospam--at)vlmk.mhsmail.com>
Chris, According to the AWS Structural Welding Code: Reinforcing Steel (ANSI/AWS D1.4-92), ?When joining different grades of steels, the filler metal shall be selected for the lower strength base metal? (para. 5.1.2). For example, if an A36 member is to be welded to an A706 bar, an E70 electrode is required. The D1.4-92 code additionally states that ?when reinforcing steel is welded to primary structural steel members, the provisions of the latest edition of ANSI/AWS D1.1, Structural Welding Code ? Steel shall apply to the structural steel component? (para. 1.2.1). Therefore, if the embed plate is considered a ?primary? member, then the D1.1 code will apply to that member. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact me directly at (216) 383-8187. Scott Funderburk Welding Design Engineer The Lincoln Electric Company http://www.lincolnelectric.com
- Prev by Subject: RE: welding rebar
- Next by Subject: Why He is who He is ...
- Previous by thread: RE: welding rebar
- Next by thread: Stiffeners for local flange buckling