RE: CE licensing a different problem

From:	CarlS95(--nospam--at)aol.com [SMTP:CarlS95(--nospam--at)aol.com]
Sent:	Monday, October 06, 1997 10:25 PM
To:	seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
Subject:	CE licensing a different problem

Dennis Wish wrote:

<< Now, going one step further, if I don't intend to design
 buildings over three stories and I have no intention
(especially
 as a one man office) to design schools and hospitals then the
 only reason for me to take the SE exam is to impress people,
 satisfy my own ego or because I am a masochist who wants to
 punish myself for no good reason. >>

You would impress me a lot.  But how about a fourth reason:
 pride in
accomplishment???

Carl Sramek, P.E. and S.E.

Carl, with all do respect, pride in accomplishment is a personal
goal that has nothing to do with the ability to practice. I have
a great deal of respect for each engineer that passes the SE,
but have the greatest pride in accomplishment when I look at the
buildings which I have designed and know that the people who use
them are safe.

Dennis Wish PE