Re: ACI "MATS"

At 12:34 PM 10/8/97 -0400, you wrote:

><< Anyone have experience and/or comments about the ACI "MATS" software
> program. They don't seem to offer a demo and I don't know how a guy's
> supposed to lay out money without knowing more than the glowing
> descriptions in the publications catalog.
>  >>

>Careful with MATS. The finite element used in this program to model the mat
>behaviour has poor transverse shear properties, an important consideration
>for mat analysis. A better bet would be SAFE from CSI. You might also
>consider one of the better general purpose programs (SAP2000, GT-STRUDL,
>RISA-3D, etc.).
>
>Incidentally, I would never buy ANY software without a demo or at least a
>money back guarantee.
>
>Earl Conroy
>E.C. Engineers

You mean  PCA mats and ACI marketing the program
is very good program I used  a lot very easy to use
very simple give you good results the only thing
it doesnot check the shear and punching shear which you have to do
by hand I do not know if SAFE or SAP200 does that but I guess
have thirty days try if you don't like send it back
from PCA  I used Adoss , OCA COLUMN and MATS very good support
personal very knowldegeable honest plus very cheep
compare to SAP200 OR SAFE I can desgin for you  a job
as contract foundation only after giving me the loads
if you like

D.A.  P.E.