RE: BILLBOARD SIGN DEFLECTION CRITERIA

Section 9 of AASHTO's "Standard Specifications for Structural Supports
for Highway Signs, Luminaires and Traffic Signals" manual has a
discussion on deflections that might be useful to you. It's only one
page long and I can fax a copy to you if you would like.

Calvin Lee, P.E.
City of Portland, Oregon