Automatic Reciprocity for Texans

Carl Sramek wrote:

<I would say that we ought to give Texas structurals an
exemption to the California licensing laws.  Does everyone agree?>

Stan Caldwell wrote:

<<Great idea, Carl.  Surely, to use Bill Allen's phrase, this would "raise
the bar".  This assumes, of course, that Texas engineers would be willing to
lower their fees and raise their liability in order to practice in
California.  So, where should all the SEAoT members go to sign up?  Oops,
better not answer that {;^>!  >>

<<BTW, in Texas, an engineer *must* seal his/her own work, whether or not
he/she owns any part of the firm that employs him/her.  (Was political
correctness invented by the guy who sells "/'s".)  Plan stamping is strictly
forbidden, whether by an outside or inside reviewer.  Also, any firm offering
engineering to the public must now employ a full-time, in-house PE in the
applicable discipline.>>

Stan.

So, we're all agreed, Texas structural engineers may practice in California
without any additional licensing.  And, in return, they will not engage in
low balling or plan stamping, thus raising the dignity of the profession in
our state.

Now for a hypothetical, but serious, question for all you Texans about plan
stamping:  Say that 6 Flags Amusement Park wanted to purchase a roller
coaster ride from a German company.  It is to be built in San Antonio, where
a Texas engineering stamp is required.  The German company wants to hire a
local engineer to stamp the design, but cannot because of the law forbidding
plan stamping.  What does the German company do?

Thanks.  Carl Sramek