IRREG - Plan Irregularities

We're looking at a nominally 7 story structure
that is to be steel SMRF (using a proprietary
joint system).    We have a few questions on what
kind of special provisions we should be looking at
(suppose for the moment, that we don't have any
vertical irregularities per 16-L.)

Our plan is basically an L shape, with one leg
being a 180' by 180' square.  The other leg is
about 90' wide and sticks out 105' from the big
square.  Current plans call for the moment frames
to be on the four edges of the big square.

Do we need to do a dynamic analysis of the
structure?

Do we need to follow 1631.2.9 Items 6 and 7?    If
you look at Table 16-M Item 2 it says:

Plan configurations of a structure AND its lateral

force-resisting system contain reentrant
corners...

Now, if you look at a plan of the building, we
have a reentrant corner, however, if you look at
just the plan of our frames, we have a nice
squarish configuration (and none of the frame are
located out on the projecting wing).

Stan Johnson, PE
NEWS FLASH - Disaster is the jolly rancher welding
program. :o(  We had fabricated (by pressure
setting) some full size joints for cyclic testing,
and had put the first one on the test rig, but it
was getting late so we retired for the night.
When we came back in the next morning, all of our
specimens were swarming with ants.  We wiped them
away and found that they had eaten through almost
a quarter inch of weld material!  Looks like we're
sunk.

:o))))