Re: engineers and single family houses

If this effort (engineered construction for conventional framing) would be
attractive
to the insurance industry, why aren't they (the insurers) rushing out to pay
our fees
to design the structure properly?

If there is actually a benefit here, the insurance company would recognize
it and either:

a. Mandate it through legislation (they have a great lobby).
b. Hire us to design the structures "properly".

I suspect the reason this is not happening is because of our reputation of
over-engineering.
The concept of "if two is good, four is better" doesn't really sell well to
this market. If we
really want to talk about "minimums", that's one thing but we have a
reputation for going
"over and beyond".

On topics like this, I keep thinking about Lew Midlam's lament: "Where are
the bodies?"

Regards,
Bill Allen