RE: Automatic Reciprocity for Texans

>----------

I'm sorry Simon, but your interpretation is way too simple.

First, when the Texas PE Board uses the term "Engineer", it specifically
means "a person who has been duly licensed by the Board to engage in the
practice of engineering in this state (Texas)".  This comes from the
Texas Engineering Practice Act, Section 2, Part 3.  Thus, the "first
engineer" in your scenario must also be a Texas PE.

Second,  as I understand it, the sole purpose of Board Rule 131.152 (e)
is to protect the interests of the first engineer on a project when
he/she resigns or is removed from an ongoing job, and the work is
subsequently awarded to another engineer.  Please note in Part (3) that
the first engineer continues to be responsible for all of the original
work that remains unaltered, and the second engineer becomes responsible
only for his/her actual subsequent design effort.

Does this clear things up for you?

Stan Caldwell, P.E.
Dallas, Texas

*****
Let's move the Cowboys from North Texas to Southern California.
This might improve the morale in both regions!
*****