Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: Single Family Residence Plans & Construction[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaoc(--nospam--at)seaoc.org
- Subject: RE: Single Family Residence Plans & Construction
- From: Joe McCormick <jmccormick(--nospam--at)proaxis.com>
- Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 15:35:36 -0700
>We have a contractor that the code allows to build based upon >conventional framing standards but who does not understand the >definition of a diaphragm or has probably never read the code >that he is expected to build from. > >There is something wrong with a code that assumes compliance by >a knowledgable builder but makes no provisions to insure that >the builder even understands what is written. > >Dennis Wish PE This is a great observation by Dennis. This reinforces my opinion that contractors should be liscensed more stringently, especially in zones 3 and 4. Joe McCormick
- Prev by Subject: RE: Single Family Residence Plans & Construction
- Next by Subject: Smile!
- Previous by thread: RE: Single Family Residence Plans & Construction
- Next by thread: SS - Ply Metal Driller Screws - need some help!