Buliding steel frame's columns embedded in concrete

Recently I've noticed a two storey commercial building under the
construction here in our city, Vancouver (Canada.) The front steel moment
resisting frame of the building has its columns embedded in the concrete
foundation. I noticed that there are some stirrups around the columns in the
foundation.
These types are common in gas stations. Does anyone have any comment on this
type of column to foundation connection in a Commercial Building?

Casey Hemmatyar, P. Eng.